How to eat & enjoy!
Can be used in a variety of dishes: pasta sauces, baked pasta, and soups, as well as different sauces for tender pork loin, beef tournedos or buttery Veal Scaloppine with Mushrooms.
- It is important to revive dried mushrooms before using them in the kitchen, Italians call this ravvivare.
- Depending on the variety of mushroom (they differ in firmness), you should normally soak them in lukewarm water for about 30 minutes or less.
- While some cooks use broth, it is recommended to use plain water so you don't alter the taste of the mushroom's natural flavor.
Can be sautéed or braised, in the classic Italian way known as funghi trifolati, using olive oil, garlic, parsley and white wine. Mushrooms prepared in this way can be the base for many other recipes.
- Fettuccine with Wild Mushroom Sauce
- Gnocchi with Mushroom Sauce
- Stuffed Mushrooms
Often, wild mushrooms are the main or only ingredient in pasta dishes, such as Tagliatelle or Fettuccine with Mushrooms.