- Departure: Ligonchio (942m) (Ventasso)
- Arrival: Ligonchio (Ventasso)
- Duration: 8 hour/s 30 minutes
- Difficulty Level: E+ - Hiking (level)+
- Difference in height: 990m
- Maximum Altitude: 1,839m
- Recommended Period: from June to October
- Localities Crossed: Ligonchio - Tarlanda - Presa Alta - Passo Romecchio - rif. Bargetana - rif. Battisti - Veline - Lama Cavalli - Prati di Sara - Cascate Lavacchiello - Presa Alta - Presa Bassa - Ligonchio
- Involved Municipalities: Ventasso
Zona del Parco: Zone C - Upper Val d'Ozola
Double ring-route in Upper Val d'Ozola, separating the chain of Cusna from the ridge of the Apennines, in the heart of the National Park.
Ozola dugs a deep gorge between the stratified sandstone banks to get out from the upper valley and run across fields, woods, and villages until it meets the river Secchia. A gorge called "Gli Schiocchi", like the twins of Secchia and Riarbero, but deeper and more imposing, developing between high cliffs, where also the hydroelectric plants of the 1920s camouflage themselves and disappear in the great natural environment, despite years of work with thousands of workmen, a railway line, dozens of galleries and pipes... The most beautiful places include Romecchio Pass, Bargetana Lake, Passone, Prati di Sara, the gorge and waterfalls of Lavacchiello. If you spend the night in one of the mountain huts, you may also reach the summit of Mt. Prado. Or decide to divide the itinerary in shorter routes, reaching by car Presa Alta and then the highest summit.
Stops: Bargetana Mountain Hut 1,739m, with 38 beds in three dormitories (Tel. +39 328 2612737 or +39 0522 627756 www.rifugiobargetana.it - firstname.lastname@example.org)
CAI Cesare Battisti Mountain Hut in Lama Lite 1,759m (Tel. +39 0522 897497 / +39 349 8382733, www.rifugiobattisti.it - email@example.com ), with a dormitory always open during the closing period, that has been recently enlarged (40 beds)