The ridge of the Apennines and the Park territory represent an ideal destination for you, if you love hiking and trekking. There are several itineraries with features and difficulty levels that adapt to the needs and abilities of everyone.
The following itinerary selection, by Daniele Canossini (CAI Reggio Emilia), is divided according to the geographical areas of the Park, represents only a little, but significant part of the opportunities this territory offers to hikers.
Note: the classification according to the features of each trail (T,E,E+) respects the national CAI classification adapted to the reality of the Apennines.
- T : hikes lasting no more than 3-4 hours walk and differences in height within the 500m, well-marked trails, usually on carriage roads or narrow roads
- T+ : with the same walking time and difference in height, but also a few obstacles more, fords, narrow trails or steep stretches
- E : hikes lasting between the 4 and 6 hours walk with differences in height between the 500 and the 900m on the marked trails with steep slopes or easy fords
- E+ : hikes that for length, difference in height or greater difficulties (steep stretches or not very visible tracks, fords, a few equipped walls, etc.), but always along marked trails, are recommended to more trained hikers.
- The most difficult or equipped trails like vie ferrate are not included (EE and EEA).
- The numbered trail markers, if no otherwise specified, are white-red (CAI national standard).
- GPS coordinates are in ED50, UTM zone 32T.
- The hikes marked with * are characterized by some stretches with not sufficient or lacking trail markers